Monday, June 18, 2007

The Quest

On occasion I receive a letter like the one before you. When I do, I feel honored. I feel honored that someone would trust me enough to seek my advice on marriage preparation; the most important pursuit of life. Such trust commands my deepest desire to give reasonable and responsible advice.

The posts before you, and the ones to come, are the sum of that advice. By committing my advice to print, I crystallize my thoughts, thus allowing you the opportunity to consider them and make informed decisions for your marriage. I trust you will find much in the following posts that will challenge your thinking and serve your pursuit of love for a lifetime.

Dear Tom,
I am a Piano Performance major. I love my music. One day I hope to perform in a professional capacity. There is a longing in my heart, however, that goes deeper than piano performance. One day, I long to be married and have a family. I know there are no guarantees that I will be either a piano performer or get married. Yet, I hold in my heart the words of David, “Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart.” So, my question is: How can I prepare now for a lifelong marriage then?
It starts with the farmer. “The farmer,” you say?

No comments: